in Wordpress Themes by apache39 (120 points)
I have just come over from artisteer, i have spent hours playing with this and love the various effects. However i cannot seem to get off a blog layout. I am looking to create a home page and a blog. My home page is to be header, menu, text, 3 boxes and text.
Can anyone help a newcomer, i found artisteer better for layouts as their editor starts with a blank page which you build up, this seems to assume i only want a blog. I have the pro version.

32 Answers

by panicosh (1.2k points)
After working today with PageBuilder with my Template Toaster theme, I noticed that PageBuilder is NOT responsive at all. So I don't recommend it. 27 hours ago I was satisfy but after working for 15 more hours, I noticed the lack of responsive capability.

Disclaimer--I haven't used PageBuilder. There are some plugins in this category that I discovered first and I tend to use them.

However, I'm surprised that you found PB to be not responsive. Their one-line description of their plugin is as follows:

"Build responsive page layouts using the widgets you know and love using this simple drag and drop page builder."

Unfortunately PB is not responsive. When I minimized the browser's window I noticed that at the bottom there was a scroll bar. In responsive design there is no scroll bar. After I removed the PB, then the scroll bar disappeared.
by arkofhope (900 points)
Are you talking about Aqua page builder or Page Blder by site origin??? - both of you

4 forms I'm using web-dorado & they say you can use their plug ins to build pages --- not sure yet if their stuff only does blogs or if it does static pages as well...don't know enough about it.
Are you talking about Aqua page builder or Page Blder by site origin??? - both of you

4 forms I'm using web-dorado & they say you can use their plug ins to build pages --- not sure yet if their stuff only does blogs or if it does static pages as well...don't know enough about it.

I am talking about Page Builder by site origin is not responsive at all
by cassy1 (660 points)
But did you check responsive on TT before saving and exporting the template?
I want to give the PB a try, is sad if is truly not responsive.
by cassy1 (660 points)
I just tried PB now, and it's amazing... fully responsive as i can see from here.
I never knew about it, i think i'll be using it for a long time.
I want to give the PB a try, is sad if is truly not responsive.

Yes, I always use responsive layout on TT before saving and exporting the template
I just tried PB now, and it's amazing... fully responsive as i can see from here.

PB is NOT responsive, is only responsive with their themes. Minimized your browser and you will notice a side bar at the bottom on your screen.Play with your browser window and you will see that. Use Firefox, IE, Chrome, all browsers should be at their latest editions and updates. Also, you should try to view it in various resolutions. Start from 1024x768 and increasing.

For example:

1024x768
1280x800
etc
etc

until you reach your monitor's resolution. Do that with IE, Firefox, Chrome.

After you do all that, tell me the results.

PB is ONLY responsive with their themes but not with Template Toaster.
by cassy1 (660 points)

PB is NOT responsive, is only responsive with their themes. Minimized your browser and you will notice a side bar at the bottom on your screen.Play with your browser window and you will see that. Use Firefox, IE, Chrome, all browsers should be at their latest editions and updates. Also, you should try to view it in various resolutions. Start from 1024x768 and increasing.

For example:

1024x768
1280x800
etc
etc

until you reach your monitor's resolution. Do that with IE, Firefox, Chrome.

After you do all that, tell me the results.

PB is ONLY responsive with their themes but not with Template Toaster.

I have just tried it in Firefox and Chrome... and it looks responsive to me.
Have you done a recent TT update...

I have just tried it in Firefox and Chrome... and it looks responsive to me.
Have you done a recent TT update...

Yup, I did a recent TT update but the last time I used PB was in October. If I am correct was in October 25th. Since then there were 2 major TT updates.
I'll try PB again, I've got nothing to loose. If it will work that will be ok, if it will not work it will be ok too :)
by cassy1 (660 points)
Yup, I did a recent TT update but the last time I used PB was in October. If I am correct was in October 25th. Since then there were 2 major TT updates.
I'll try PB again, I've got nothing to loose. If it will work that will be ok, if it will not work it will be ok too :)

Since then did you get any other alternative?
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us