in Wordpress Themes by yogajap (900 points)
Hi,

when I add a new page, this one is blank, so I have to re-set all the page (even the smallest settings).

Is there a way to add a new page with the same settings of the main page (so that new page = main page)?

Thank you in advance for any help!

;)

3 Answers

by 2ninerniner2 (1.2k points)
As you are posting in the WordPress area, I take it you are making a theme for WordPress.

That said, you may have misunderstood what the "page" is for a WP theme: it is a page template, one which shows up in the drop-down list in the Page Attributes > Template area of the WP post/page editor. They are NOT for creating content for the site :)

By default, the 'Default Template' is the index 'page' in TT and the other 2 'pages', 'PageTemplate1' and 'PageTemplate2' are just that; templates where you can created different styles for different types of page layouts.

E.g.: if you wan a layout with only 2 columns, then set up one of the provided templates (1 or 2) with those settings. Then in the WP editor, select that template from the list for that particular WP page.
by yogajap (900 points)
First of all, thank you for your reply!

I'd like to have something like that in my template:

Index page 3 columns (and all the other settings, fonts, color etc.)

Category page 2 columns (with the other same settings as index page).

Is there a way to have it?

Thank you again!
by lisa-west (35.1k points)
Design the "Index" page with 3 columns for content, you can set the columns at TemplateToaster -> Content -> Post Properties -> Columns. Similarly, set 2 columns for "PageTemplate" .
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us