in Wordpress Themes by magicalwonders (1.9k points)
I've created and activiated a new theme with TemplateToaster to replace a previous theme using other software, but I seem to be having trouble getting the blog page to display as I would like it.

I'm using a slider on the home page to create some moving text, but have a static header for the other pages by using a template page. This seems to work well for all pages except the blog page, which although I have specified as Template page 1 in the settings, it is reverting to the default index page and showing sliders!

I'm also having a problem getting the archives widget to show up on the blog page. I've dragged the widget into the sidebar, and have tried to hide on all pages except the blog page, but it won't display on that page. I can have it show up on any of the pages except the blog page!

Anybody got any suggestions as to what has gone wrong for me?

3 Answers

by magicalwonders (1.9k points)
I've managed to sort out the issue of the Archives not showing. I seem to have two tick boxes called "blog" and "blog page" in the hide on pages function. One of these was ticked by mistake for hiding the widget on page.

So I'm just left with the mystery of the Slider showing on Blog page instead of a header as specified in Template page 1.

Any suggestions on this one would be great. :)
by lisa-west (35.1k points)
Please open a ticket at support http://templatetoaster.com/support with the ttr file and details.
by magicalwonders (1.9k points)
OK Lisa, thanks. I've raised a support ticket on this. :)
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us