in Wordpress Themes by
Hi,

I'd like to create a design where I have a home page containing the last articles of a 2-column blog. But above this list, I'd like to put a static welcome message. The best solution would be to have a widget that you can put at the beginning of the left column (I know there are widgets below the header, but they take all the page width and all the columns will go down).

I also thought I could use a featured post, but right now there is nothing in the code that makes a difference in a regular post and a featured post, so for example I can't hide the metadata only for my featured post, so it does look different.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thank you :)
Frédéric

2 Answers

by
Hi Frédéric,
It is possible to change the width of the widgets, and even the number of widgets in a widget area. If you go to Widget Area and click on the are you want to change in your canvas, you can change the number of columns, the name, the width, whatever you like. Most of the options are on the left side of the toolbar.
Hope this helps

Helen
by
Thank you Helen for your reply. However what I'd like to do is to create a widget inside the left column (without touching the right column). That way, I could for example create a slideshow at the top of the page, and then have all my latest posts listed. With a 2 columns layout, I don't think it's currently possible with TT.
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us