in Issues/Bugs by grech1917 (780 points)
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to change the timing for each slide to be displayed - NB - I'm not talking about the Transition Duration.

It's gotta be here somewhere but for the life of me I can't find it!!!

9 Answers

by sarah (15.2k points)
You can set the transition duration for each slide at TemplateToaster -> Slideshow -> Transition effect -> Transition duration
by iceferret (3.3k points)
There is no design setting for 'length of display time' you have to edit a file directly either by unzipping and editing before zipping back up and uploading. Editing the file in Joomla admin or creating an overide.
The file you need is slideshow.js
line 14: var timeout=
The number is in (i think) milliseconds so change it to suit what you need. ie. 20 seconds= 20000

If you look at http://www.thepmc.org.uk that's set for 24000
by grech1917 (780 points)
There is no design setting for 'length of display time' you have to edit a file directly either by unzipping and editing before zipping back up and uploading. Editing the file in Joomla admin or creating an overide.
The file you need is slideshow.js
line 14: var timeout=
The number is in (i think) milliseconds so change it to suit what you need. ie. 20 seconds= 20000

If you look at http://www.thepmc.org.uk that's set for 24000

Thnaks for your help cos I was going nuts looking for it in the UI. Could this be put in a s a request please?
by sarah (15.2k points)
You don't need to modify any file like slideshow.js . You can set Slideshow Transition Timing from TemplateToaster UI.

1) To set the transition duration for background images, go to TemplateToaster -> Slideshow -> Transition effect -> Transition duration (in the bottom) -> More -> set the custom duration

2) To set the begin and duration time for foreground images, go to Slideshow -> Foreground images -> Transition effect -> Transition duration and begin time.
Absolutely you can set the transition duration in the UI :D . What the OP wants is to set the length of time a slide is displayed before the transition begins i.e show slide for 45 seconds (or whatever value needed) then begin transition.
by 2ninerniner2 (1.2k points)
It would appear that there is confusion in the terminology :)

The length of time that each slide is displayed is easily set from within TT:

Slideshow > Transition Effect > Transition Duration > More > set 'Duration' to the number of seconds you want each slide to be shown > close dialog.

Here is a quick screencast to show it in action:

http://www.screencast.com/t/gchvqItyH

Cheers!
Lyle
Tried that before but in case I'd missed something tried it again, it does lengthen the time a slide displays but also the actual transition time so how would you set a long display time with a fast transition?
by grech1917 (780 points)
Just to clarify what I'm asking for here - it's not the 'Transition Duration' (ie the length of time it takes to make the change from one slide to the next).

With hindsight I should have been more careful when naming this thread so sorry about that.

Currently, as far as I can see, the only way to change the length of time a slide appears is to use iceferret's method above - which works well btw
by networkandweb (290 points)
In TT langauge "Transition Begin Time" simply means the number of seconds we stay on an image, before we start the transition affect.  IMHO, TT has mislabeled this option.

"Transition Begin Time" should be labeled "Delay".
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us