in HTML Website by student-donald (1.8k points)

Can someone please explain in detail what the difference between a fixed and fluid layout is? Or is there a blog article, if so a link please? I asked back in 2017. (I just updated to version 8, thanks for the discount)

by student-donald (1.5k points)

In the PAGE tab under Layout is a choice of Fixed or Fluid. I would like to see a blog article explaining how these 2 work and how it affects your layout in different device settings or breakpoints. Does the fluid setting use a grid and containers? The Blog tutorial on Prototyping was very good. It would be great if we had one using the fluid layout walking us through making a page/site. I know I can look at bootstrap but that's not going to have the TT interface.

Thanks, Donald

1 Answer

by john-smith (1.9k points)

Hey,

Thanks for letting us know about the situation. We'd love to help you with this.

Fixed layout ->the container element is set to not move. No matter what screen resolution the visitor has, he or she will see the same width as other visitors.

Fluid Layout->In a fluid layout, the majority of the components inside have percentage widths, and thus adjust to the user’s screen resolution.

For more details on the fixed and fluid layout, you can also visit this link->
https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/06/fixed-vs-fluid-vs-elastic-layout-whats-the-right-one-for-you/

We hope this is helpful. Let us know if you have any more questions, comments, or concerns

Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us