in General Discussion by ced (160 points)
How to install template in prestashop 1.6? Prestashop return error bad configuration file, i have patch with last version of the templatetoaster.

7 Answers

by sarah (15.2k points)
Hello,

Please follow the given steps :

There are three folders in exported file. One is module, second in override and third one is theme.

1.To upload a theme
(a) Copy the 'Theme' Folder from the Exported folder and Paste it at Prestashop(Root) -> Themes -> Paste Your theme here.

(b) Then from Backoffice Go to Preference -> Themes -> Add new theme -> Create New theme.

(c) Then you should fill the required fields, Theme and Directory Name should be the same as the name of the exported theme.

(d) Do select the preview image from the exported theme.

(e) Please Select the Default Left,Right Sidebars if you want them in the Theme.

2.To upload Module from Prestashop Backend Go to Modules -> Modules -> Add new Module -> Upload the module zip file placed in modules folder.

3.Please copy and merge the Override folder given at root folder.

4.Please Move your all javascripts to End, to do this
Go to Prestashop Backoffice -> Advanced Parameters -> CCC (Combine, Compress and Cache) -> Move JavaScript to the end -> Yes.
by thunt4jr (100 points)
Also you need to create a cache folder when you install the theme or smarty cache will not work.
by ced (160 points)
Thanks for the help, now I can work

Bye
by jimmygrp (320 points)
Hello,

I make steps above. And i get this: 500 Server Error
http://sznurkiwiorki.m-n.pl/ ....
by james (5.3k points)
Please Do check whether any theme is selected at backend. As this problem might occurs just because if any theme is not selected.

If the theme is selected then try to turn on debugging so that we can see the error. To turn on debugging please Go to
Prestashop Root Folder -> Config -> defines.inc.php , then set _PS_MODE_DEV from false to true i.e. define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);
by jimmygrp (320 points)
This is how to look theme manager - no images etc. after "override"

screenshot-sznurkiwiorki m-n pl 2015-01-22 12-13-48.png
by jimmygrp (320 points)
Please Do check whether any theme is selected at backend. As this problem might occurs just because if any theme is not selected.

If the theme is selected then try to turn on debugging so that we can see the error. To turn on debugging please Go to
Prestashop Root Folder -> Config -> defines.inc.php , then set _PS_MODE_DEV from false to true i.e. define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

When I do that i got that message:

95. try
96. {
97.    $context->shop = Shop::initialize();
98.    $context->theme = new Theme((int)$context->shop->id_theme);
99.    if ((Tools::isEmpty($theme_name = $context->shop->getTheme()) || !Validate::isLoadedObject($context->theme)) && !defined('_PS_ADMIN_DIR_'))
100.       throw new PrestaShopException(Tools::displayError('Current theme unselected. Please check your theme configuration.'));
101. }
102. catch (PrestaShopException $e)
103. {
104.    $e->displayMessage();
105. }
by james (5.3k points)
Please open a new ticket at http://templatetoaster.com/support/ .
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us