in General Discussion by joolie-shamoolie (240 points)
I'm totally missing something here. I downloaded the project file for the Get Photo template - it doesn't come up in the sample template list when you open up TT, by the way - so I downloaded it from the site. The instructions say to import it into TT. I open TT and there's only an option to open. When I go to open, I can't get to the file because it's an xml file, which doesn't open in TT. So how do I import? What am I supposed to do with this?

2 Answers

by templatetoaster (24.8k points)
Simply double click on the downloaded project file(.ttr file) and it'll automatically open up in TemplateToaster.
by joolie-shamoolie (240 points)
But it's not a ttr file! When I download it, it's a zip file with a fonts folder, an image folder, and an xml file. There is no ttr file. If there were, I would know to double click it to open it!
by templatetoaster (24.8k points)

Sorry, it is an exported template in .zip format. Please see attached screenshot in order to download the correct file that open up in TemplateToaster software.How to get TemplateToaster Project File

that's what I downloaded: the project file. And I get the zip file with the xml file in it
This isn't the only template this happens with. I just tried Click it and a random one (re-real estate) and it's the same thing. I get the zip with the xml file and the images/fonts folders. No ttr file.
Ok this is weird. I am using outlook for my email. The email I get to provide the links to the template do no appear properly in the so I get this message saying "click here to view in a browser window". So I do that, and proceed with the download. This is when I get the xml file and the image/font folders as a download. This morning I checked my email on a different computer (I have gmail). I can see the download emails just fine. So I click on download and I end up getting the ttr file that way. So now my question is, why would I get two completely different files?
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us