in Joomla Templates by
Hello,
I am looking to purchase TT (Was going to buy Artisteer, but TT looks better) for creating templates for a Joomla site, but wondering about the current sites content. I'm converting over an old static HTML site, can I place the original blocks of content into TT and it will load both the template and the Content (As Artisteer does)? As I said I am a total NEWB to this whole CMS thing, I'm used to creating Dreamweaver sites with MySQL/PHP and using regions, etc. so this whole template creator shift is difficult to completely wrap my head around.

So, again, as I am creating the template, realizing there's really no "Pages" per say, can I still create the different content areas and interactively load them to "style" the different "Pages" as close to how they were on the clients original site. I love the entire CMS concept, and while I like the cash for maintenance agreements, I'd really prefer clients to be able to update and maintain their site on a daily basis themselves, and Joomla seems to let me set this up for them, not to mention the amazing extendability and features that can be added. I know the initial learning curve will be steep for both me AND the client, I'm trying to find a good book or tutorial website that explains the daily tasks within Joomla to create new "articles" how to manage "modules" and how they can manipulate and change the site themselves. But, it's hard to get them out of the old HTML page paridigm, and to be honest, I'm still trying to figure out how to manipulate the original content in TT myself.

No offesne to whomever created the documentation, but while it explains the basic functions abd buttons, etc. just fine, it doesn't give a bit more backgound on how things like in the content section work, where this is stored, etc. Does this hook into the MySQL DB of your Joomla Site like Dreamweaver used to do if the DB had the % operator set.

Long post I know, I apologize, but if someone could give me a lucid, simple explanation of if I can create multiple content pages within TT and transfer to whole deal into Joomla as both the Template AND new site content, I would REALLY appreciate it.

Kurtmel
Complete CMS Newbie
(although working on my Doctorate in Education Technology - go figure...grin)

2 Answers

by sarah (15.2k points)
TemplateToaster is a web design software for designing or you can say theme generator for high end Joomla Templates. You cannot add the content directly into it. As we strongly believe that template and content are two different things and both shouldn't mix under any circumstance. What is the benefit of a CMS if we mix content and template!! And we think that Joomla and Wordpress admins are the best in managing their content.

All you have to do is :

** Design the Template from Scratch or Go with TemplateToaster Suggestions or Modify a TemplateToaster Sample Template's.
** Export the template and upload/install it to the CMS.

After designing and uploading the template, Add content from joomla admin.
by iceferret (3.3k points)
You need 'Joomla 3' A beginners guide by Eric tiggeler. I found this an easy well written book for someone coming from an Html and Css background, logically laid out as well.
[ img ]
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us