in General Discussion by sh0ck (300 points)
Hello there TemplateToaster users,
I´ve already seen some topics from hesitating website builders, maybe it´s an idea to make a subforum for this?
I try to avoid software that works through the browser or some external service. I want to be able to use it wherever I want, also when I don't have an internet connection (when working with a new cms site I use XAMPP, and when I'm at my netbook outside I don't have an internet connection all the time).
    1) Does TemplateToaster also work offline? And could I install it on an usb stick, or will I have to reactive it on every pc?
    2) Following the forum, I can see you guys have been busy with upgrading your software. Are you guys planning to make TemplateToaster in the future Linux compatible?
    3) Another reason why Artisteer is a no-go for me anymore (besides the 'online requirement') is because the messy code it generates. How's this with TemplateToaster? I can understand if the code is a bit bloated, but how’s this in comparison with the code generated by Artisteer?

I've checked other CMS template creation software, but most of their websites aren't exactly transparent which makes me wonder about that customer service. However, $99 is still a high price for a student who occasionally makes a site. $40 I can effort however, but the limitations of the standard version aren't clear to me.
    4) It says I can't start from a scratch. Does this mean I have to start from another template, and customize it?
    5)No 'headings'setting. I can't choose standard font settings (size, font itself, color)?
    6)No custom images in the template. Does this mean I can't use local images? And will I be able to upload other images when the template is generated and say installed on joomla/wordpress?
    7)Custom Values, like height width etc. Does this mean I can't even change the dimensions of a menubar etc.? So I'll have to manually edit the css files later?
    8)Both versions offer one year updates. If I want a new version/update TemplateToaster and I already have a license, what's the cost for a new license or to extend my old one?

Thanks in advance!

-S

3 Answers

by sh0ck (300 points)
No one of the TemplatToaster-team?
I\'ve considered mailing but this way others can read the answers as well.

-S
by templatetoaster (24.8k points)
Hello,

1- TemplateToaster does not require Internet Connection while designing or saving or exporting templates. It can not be installed on USB for security reasons.
2- Lot of users requested a TemplateToaster version for Mac and Linux, we are researching for that.
3- TemplateToaster generate very clean code.
4- Home version is for basic users with many limitations, please visit our purchase page for details.
5- I am not sure I understand your this question completely but you should be able to chose/set anything including size, font itself, color etc.
6- It means you can not add custom images while designing the template in Basic edition, however you can add desired type of images to your online site. This limitation applied only to basic edition.
7- TemplateToaster offer you to set custom value like 31px for height of a menu button, these custom values are not supported in basic edition, however you can select desired values from the presets like 10px or 15px or 20px and so on. This limitation applied only to basic edition.
8- You can use your purchased TemplateToaster version for lifetime. We offer free updates for one year with every license, it means you’ll be able to upgrade to all the versions released within one year, after that period you can either update your subscription or continue using your purchased version. Yearly updates renewal(if needed) will cost you 40% of original product price. Please visit our FAQs page for more details: http://templatetoaster.com/faqs

Sincerely,
TemplateToaster Support
by sh0ck (300 points)
Thank you!
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us