in General Discussion by mikati (780 points)

Hello TT team and TT Forum,

If I design a theme for a client, how and when could I update it? Theme designers update their themes from time to time to get rid of bugs or improve functionality. I have themes made 2-3 yrs ago and haven't touched them since then. What should I answer if a client asks me whether or not the theme I designed for him/her needs an update? I am really interested what you think?

1 Answer

by lisa-west (35.1k points)

TemplateToaster provide time to time updates parallel to WP core updates and other bugs, for that you can check our changelog page: http://templatetoaster.com/changelog.  To provide updated theme further to your clients you need to update your ttr file at your end using TemplateToaster and make available newly modifed zip to your customers i.e after modififying templates at your end you need to provide updated exported zip to your customers via any medium from where your customers can download upgraded template and reactivate that. Please make sure to advice your clients to save backup of their custom work done in theme(if there is any customization they have).

by pixstudios (160 points)
Hi! I just want to let you know that your answer was very helpful. Also, thank you for the poster that asked the question. I have been all over the internet looking for this information not realizing that all I had to do was come here. Regards
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us