in General Discussion by excalibur (560 points)
Hi

I bought template toaster before Christmas but have found it next to useless when trying to create a responsive Template especially when you have to go into the CSS code to make any custom changes. I tried doing this on a template I was creating for a client before Christmas but abandon it as a bad effort.

Things I expect template toaster to do:
    I want a way to customise how the template looks on the various screen sizes.Have the ability to use percentages or EM Values For text instead of the outdated pixel values.Having the ability to Shrink images by a percentage in smaller screen sizes.Improvement on the Google fonts interface so that you can see the typeface you are choosing. I had to go into Google fonts on my browser and then type in the name of the typeface into template toaster.Making the widgets actually usable. When I created my last template the widget area was not created in template although it was in the template toaster view.Have the ability to edit the CSS directly in template toaster instead of having to use a third-party software such as Dreamweaver or notepad.Have a Bullseye feature which brings up the relevant CSS code when hovering over a particular part of the website, As it happens in firebug. You can then edit the CSS code directly in template toaster.

At the moment this software is totally useless to me as I want to create a responsive layout is for my customers. I had to admit to my client that I couldn't create a responsive layout without Painstakingly going through the code that template toaster is creating. I am physically disabled and create websites on a voluntary basis. I use voice recognition to write any text and as you can imagine when writing the CSS code it is quite difficult.

I am Very disappointed with what template toaster can actually do for responsive layout and I'm starting to wish I hadn't bought it.

Please please please can responsive layout be a priority for the next update.

Thanks

2 Answers

by templatetoaster (24.8k points)
Thanks for your feedback.

TemplateToaster uses the CSS3 media queries for the responsive design which is the latest trend and implement the responsive design in slots for example:

@media only screen
and (min-width : 481px)
and (max-width : 767px)
{
}

@media only screen
and (min-width : 768px)
and (max-width : 1024px)
{
}

and so on ...
You can easily modify the styles for a particular viewport size in your style sheet as suggested above. Can you please suggest any other method which is easy than this ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1- It is planned for the future versions.
2- It is planned for the future versions.
3- Most of the images shrink, please provide the detail of the images that still doesn't shrink on your side.
4- Already implemented in TemplateToaster 4.2 version: http://templatetoaster.com/changelog
5- All widgets should be exported to the theme/template, please provide detail of the widget area that doesn't go with the theme.
6- I have just added it to our wish list.
7- Forwarded your suggestion to the developers.
by
Hello,

I expirienced similar issues, when creating a template in HTML using the Standard template as basis:
1.) the logo in the header does not shrink for the smartphone Version
2.) A very nice feature for smartphones is the toggle-effect for the top-navigation. My navigation on the sidebar is very long, so I need the same feature for this navigation as well. Unfortunately I have only Little knowledge of Java Script to adjust this part myself. I tried, but got stuck. It would be great to have this added on the next release. It would be great if this Feature could be turned on and off in Template Toaster.
Thanks in advance for your efforts.
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us