in Issues/Bugs by matthew187 (120 points)

I am getting the error "The file cannot be opened when i try to open some images as foreground or background images. 

there is nothing wrong with the files i am selecting and they work in all other applications. And sometimes work in templatetoaster i can see to find a reason for it happening. 

related to an answer for: The file cannot be opened

3 Answers

by lisa-west (35.1k points)

Hi,

Please open a ticket at support http://templatetoaster.com/support/ and provide your image that you are uploading.

by benny (600 points)
Please share the answer to this problem asap because I have the same issue. :(
by benny (600 points)
It seems many people have the same issue and so do i. Please share the information how to solve this problem. I do have full control on the folder and the image in the folder (the image filename is trumpet.jpg it is 1000x1000px 300dpi and 600kB in size). This file can be read and opened in any application. Only TemplateToaster throws an error. Very frustrating!
by benny (600 points)
I found that ransomware protection from Bitdefender was the cause of the problem. This is strange because TT only needs to read the file. But who cares...
by benny (600 points)
Hi Matthew, If you allready received an answer from support, please let me know because I'm expieriencing the same problem.
by joshua (260 points)

Hi,

I have had this problem too. I found out that template toaster does not like the file extensions with capitals. .JPG with not open, but .jpg will. 

Try renaming your photos to .jpg without the caps.

Hope this helps. 

Josh. 

by joshua (260 points)
Update: With further testing this doesn't always work.

Sorry guys.
by m-r-s-letsoin (120 points)
I have had the same problem, the problem is that if you imported from another device or computer there is a safety block on it. If you go to properties from the picture you can get rid of it. I have done it by hand. Works fine for me
by joshua (260 points)
Hi,

Thanks for you reply.

Is this from windows or mac?

Cheers.
Should work for mac as for windows because it is image related and not OS It has to co with the security properties from the image
by joshua (260 points)
Hi,

Can you please explain how you did this? I still can't get it working. Even when I import the file to photoshop and create a new jpg I still get the error message in Template Toaster.

Thanks.
I have made a new folder and copied the pictures, there I have  checked the security properties if I am the owner of the folder and the files. After that I could use them all. Worked for me.
by joshua (260 points)
Was this on windows or mac?
Windows but should work for MAC too, it is picture related and not OS
by joshua (260 points)
Excuse my ignorance but I am not sure on how to do this. I am working from Windows 7.

Also, I have just updated my TT to 6.0.0.10123 and I am still having this problem.
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us