in Issues/Bugs by caf2z (220 points)

I see that a few others have asked this question, but don't see a final resolution when they say your offered solution doesn't work or is incomplete.  So, I will ask again.  I am currently working with V5 (I know it's older but purchased this software and couldn't get it to work for me on the sites I was building, so went back to Artisteer for a while). Would REALLY like to go forward with TT as i like some of the features, but this is one of the major stumbling blocks.  I need to know how to SHOW the main menu on tablet, phone but HIDE on desktop.  I tried your suggestion offered to another user:

answered Jan 15, 2015 by sarah (14,600 points)

Please try to use the module class suffix as visible-xs (without dot).
Joomla admin -> Extensions -> Module Manager -> Click over the module on which you want to use class suffix -> Advanced -> Module class suffix -> visible-xs

This process works on custom html modules but not on the menu for some reason.  I see that the other user didn't get it to work, told you that, but there was no follow up.  If it can't be done, let me know that too so I can find another option for my templates.

2 Answers

by sarah (15.2k points)
Hi,

If you want to display mainmenu only in tablet and mobile view, you need to edit the index.php file manually after export. Open index.php file in editor -> Find the nav tag and  add class visible-sm visible-xs -> Save.
If still you find any difficulty, please feel free to open a ticket at support http://templatetoaster.com/support
by iceferret (3.3k points)
The simple way to do this is to use No Numbers Advanced Module manager. The free version has more than enough options to achieve what you're after.

I use it to have one main menu for PC/laptop and another cut down for Mobiles.
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us