in Joomla Templates by gregwh (240 points)
Hi all,

Yet another on the lookout for a replacement to that program I had used for years but cannot really see myself using as it is doing that online thing you know about if you have been a user of it.

So, did a Google search and saw this program first. Downloaded the demo and am really VERY pleasantly surprised that it is SO dead easy to understand. I even did a Joomla export to my site I am doing to test the evaluation (knowing that it would say evaluation) for the heck of it. All looks easy coming from that other program and looks, in some way, something like it.

I wouldnt mind hearing what you all think of TemplateToaster if you have a moment. So far I think it is great but I need to invest money somewhere and though I am willing to pay the TT price for the full version, I just need some reassurance first. Any replies appreciated.

Greg.

5 Answers

by
Hi Greg,

I use the pro version, and I am very satisfied with it. I have to be honest, there are still a few styling options missing, but you can generally overcome them with custom CSS (in the Preferences dialog).

What I like the most about TT, is the support: the guys behind this product are listening and willing to improve their product. They sometimes fix reported bugs overnight, and it is really impressive. It helps a lot accepting that the product is still a bit new, and lacks a few options to have full control over your design (don't get me wrong though, TT is already a very capable software).
As a former Artisteer user too, I don't regret my purchase of TT at all!

I hope this helps.

Frédéric
by gregwh (240 points)
Hi Greg,

I use the pro version, and I am very satisfied with it. I have to be honest, there are still a few styling options missing, but you can generally overcome them with custom CSS (in the Preferences dialog).

Frédéric

Frédéric,

Thanks for the reply. I really do appreciate it. I was wondering what was missing in styling to which you refer please.

One thing I would like to see is for TT to have the ability to import Artisteer templates. ;-}

Greg.
by
Well, a few things here and there (some padding and margin options missing on some elements, for example). My biggest challenge was to style the comments listing on a site I was redesigning, since there are no many options for this (for example to style threaded discussions)
by templatetoaster (24.8k points)
More comment styling options are planned for next major versions.
by simon (2.3k points)
Another happy customer here too. There are some issues but that is true of all software. The beauty is here that bugs and glitches are dealt with quickly and they listen to feature requests, not that all will be incorporated but it is a far cry from the Artisteer silence you got with them.
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us