in New Features Discussion by
Hi,

I really like TT, but right now, some styling options are still missing. This lack can be easily overcome though, thanks to the CUSTOM CSS option in the Preferences window. However, when you begin to work on a rather big template, the tiny Custom CSS window can really be a pain to work with: it is just too small. You can't have a global overview of your custom css code, and you have to scroll all the time with tiny controls.

What would be REALLY cool, would be to have a dedicated entry in the FILE menu called "Custom CSS", that would open a big window with just a text area (nothing complicated), where we could edit the custom CSS code much more comfortably. I don't think this is a lot of work, and could be a life changer. Moreover, it would be a good tool that would help while waiting for future TT improvements regarding the styling options it offers.

Thank you for your consideration,
Frédéric

6 Answers

by keithadv (1.4k points)
+1
by cyberben3d (820 points)
I agree with this. I can get around almost any limitation using custom CSS but not in a postage stamp sized window! ;)
by excalibur (560 points)
is teensy could somehow it incorporate the features from the skybound stylizer package then it would take TT to an unbeatable level!
Stylizer it is avery good CSS editor with a entirely mouse driven UI. even if you're not very good with CSS you can still make use of stylizer because all the commands or in a drop-down list if you don't know what you are looking for.

check it out at http://www.skybound.ca/

they have got a new release coming out shortly which can:
Complete CSS3 support with a dynamic code grid and remote control that works for any CSS, even experimental syntax
Real-time preview on external devices and browsers
LESS/SASS support
Responsive design (media queries today, feature queries tomorrow)

I am considering buying TT and styliser 6 which will give me the ability to customise TT templates or at least the CSS of it anyway

Hope this is interesting to somebody
by templatetoaster (24.8k points)
Big sized CSS editor with many new options is now available in new TemplateToaster version.
by
Hi,

With version 4.2.0.5796, when I display the CSS editor, I don't see the difference with previous versions: the window is still relatively small, and I didn't spot any new features. Are the changes you mentioned included in this version?

Thank you! :)
by excalibur (560 points)
The Addition of a larger blank CSS window is a complete waste of time because you can't see any of the existing CSS being created by template toaster. You might be overwriting an existing code which completely negates what you are creating yourself.

Come on guys! are you actually web designers Or are you software developers playing at being web designers!!! Can I suggest you have a couple of web designers from the forum to sit down with you and bash out exactly what is needed for this software to become awesome. I don't mind putting myself forward.

At the moment template toaster is stuck in limbo because it is only useful to absolute beginners and anybody with any web experience has to significantly modify any template created so will not bother..

While I have only created one responsive website with it the CSS code required significant modification for it to be used.. I have just spent Two weeks changing the CSS on a fixed width website which I created in template toaster.In my opinion this really shouldn't happen as everything should be done and dusted once the template leaves TT.

I think somebody from TT has to write out a plan as to who this software is aimed at. If it is aimed at beginners who don't want all the fancy stuff like CSS editing then it is perfectly okay but if you are aiming it at the higher end users then it has to be a lot more robust than it currently is.

At the moment a TT user has to create the template and then use something like firebug to make changes to the site. All this could be done in a side panel on the main TT screen. This panel would create the CSS on-the-fly when options are selected from the main menu. If you wanted to add some extra CSS you could do so in the side panel which then modifies the CSS being created by TT.

This is how the sky bound stylier works. Can I suggest that the TT crew get a styliser get a copy and see what this piece of software can do! While yes I understand that styliser is purely a CSS editor many of the features could be added into template toaster to make this a very very good template Creator.
Go to: http://www.skybound.ca/

Keith
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us