in Joomla Templates by
Hi, I'm looking at TT as an alternative option to Artisteer (yes another one). I'm having a play with the trial version and was wondering if the border option for the header and content uses images or css, as on the preview it looks a bit pixelated, thanks.

[ img ]

5 Answers

by templatetoaster (24.8k points)
Hi,

This problem will not be in exported template as we use css to for border radius.

We will fix this problem in designer in future version.

Sincerely,
TemplateToaster Support
by simon (2.3k points)
I find this to be semi true. If you give the module a dotted line border and a radius at the corners, in Firefox the radius is solid but OK in Chrome and if you give the border a solid line it varies how much there is distortion at the corners with a radius. The surprise here was IE showed the best smoothness...go figure!

Here is a link to one of my staging sites to see the distortion: http://jtrstage.treboroughlodge.com
by gregwh (240 points)
I find this to be semi true. If you give the module a dotted line border and a radius at the corners, in Firefox the radius is solid but OK in Chrome and if you give the border a solid line it varies how much there is distortion at the corners with a radius. The surprise here was IE showed the best smoothness...go figure!

Here is a link to one of my staging sites to see the distortion: http://jtrstage.treboroughlodge.com

Got Windows 7 using IE10 to check out that site there and also check it out in FF 24.0. Cant see any difference. Which FF are you using?

Greg.
by simon (2.3k points)
I am up to date on all browsers, although the difference is small I can see it quite clearly. The border is just that little bit fuzzier on the corners. But there again we can go into monitor settings graphics cards and so on. I am glad it look fine in all browsers to you and hopefully others too!
by gregwh (240 points)
I am up to date on all browsers, although the difference is small I can see it quite clearly. The border is just that little bit fuzzier on the corners. But there again we can go into monitor settings graphics cards and so on. I am glad it look fine in all browsers to you and hopefully others too!

Using a 2007 HP laptop 12808x800 resolution if that helps. 15 inch display on it and yes I have put sites together on this and thought all looked just fine then looked on my desktop monitor and it didnt. Of possible interest to you, though, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone and also an Asus TF201 Transformer Prime tablet/dock. I use FF on both of them by default because FF seems to get on with anything better than the built in browsers on either device. When looking at sites using them, they dont look any better/worse. It is only when using higher resolution monitors things look different but here's the catch - I find that most people, these days, sacrifice resolution for ease of use. In other words more people seem happy to use their phone or tablet or average priced laptop than worrying about a desktop machine to look at a site. Maybe the business owners are different but their clients seem to be happier not to use desktops for all their online needs these days.

However, for my own peace of mind, I do check on the higher resolution desktop and try to avoid completely things that will cause problems such as you are experiencing. There is always another aesthetically pleasing way to do something that works on any resolution display.

Greg.
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us