in Wordpress Themes by imacsenglish (840 points)
Hey everyone, I had a question related to the home pages for wordpress themes.

So, I used to do a lot of designing with FrontPage and HTML a while back but obviously the new trend seems to be CMS so I'm trying to get better with them. I bought TT to make WP themes but there is one thing I don't really understand how to do and when I went to the WP Forums a moderator took down my question telling me that they only support THEIR official WP themes. So I'm thinking, "OK, great. So how the hell am I supposed to learn this?"

Every time I design a WP theme with TT the main page just shows a list of the posts but I don't want that. Let me give you an example...

http://castleheatingac.com/

I'm making this website for my Aunt and Uncle's business. What I would like to do is turn the front page into a bit of a history of the company with pictures and what not. I would like to to actually be completely different from every other page. I was actually hoping I could make a little splash page and once you clicked on the link it would bring you to the normal site.

My question is, how do you do that? I know that some WP themes automatically seem to have a different home page compared to the rest of the pages but since I'm designing my own theme using TT I don't know how to do that. Does anyone here have the same issue or perhaps has anyone here made this possible and made it work? If so, can you please show me some examples of your work and send me in the right direction in order to learn how to do that? I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer

by sarah (15.2k points)
Hi,

Please follow the given steps :

1)Create page from Wordpress admin -> Pages -> Add New and design it ( add content).

2)Go to Settings -> Discussion -> Front page displays -> Check a static page ->
In Front page, select the page you created above and for Post page, leave it as it is.
-> Save
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us