in Wordpress Themes by mikati (780 points) 1 flag

Hello Lisa,

It is common knowledge that theme and plugin authors update their works from time to time in order for their theme or plugin to be compatible with the latest version of WordPress. I am wondering if I have a theme made by TT how I could update it. I guess most TT users do not know coding, at least I have very superficial coding knowledge. Could you please give some hints on what to do with an older TT theme to make it compatible with the latest WP version? What things should I look for or check in my theme? Or, is it enough to make one minor change and save it with the latest version of TT so it will be automatically compatible with the latest version of WP? For example, many themes, even premium ones, were not compatible with the latest Woocommerce plugin including mine which I made with TT 1 year ago. I think it is an important matter especially for those who are selling their themes. Thank you in advance.

Katalin

2 Answers

by biswasit (280 points)
You can simply open your older templatetoaster theme with latest version of TT  then export your theme again. Finally delete your old theme from wordpress & upload newly exproted theme, I hope after doing this your theme is ok with latest WP or Woocommerce.
by mikati (780 points)
Hello Biswasit,
Thank you for your answer. Does the suggested method applies to all updates in general?  I mean if I export an older theme with the latest version of TT is it being "updated"? (My Woocommerce site works, by the way.) Regards, Katalin.
by lisa-west (35.1k points)
Theme created from older version of TemplateToaster can be updated by exporting theme TTR with latest version of software.
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us