in Joomla Templates by caf2z (220 points)

Can anyone explain what the "minimum page width" in the template preferences screen represents?  Please don't refer me to the manual or tutorial as there is no explanation of what it is/what it does.  Since TT doesn't offer true configuration based on REAL bootstrap media queries (missing the ability to customize that size between sm and lg screens), there a lot of tweaking required, especially with the limited options on things like the menu padding, margins. 

What size screen are we talking about on the preferences?  Is it for a laptop, desktop, tablet, etc? Can you recommend a size if I want the menu/margins to properly scale for a md size screen?

Also, are there any plans to add the ability to either 1) customize for md screens  and /or 2) make the margins/paddings a percentage instead of pixels so that we don't have to do so much hacking?

thanks

1 Answer

by lisa-west (35.1k points)
Minimum width option provided in Preferences is to set the page's min-width value.Value applied to minimum width will be effective only in case of fluid layout when the page width selected from TemplateToaster page tab is less than min-width value. On previewing in browser, page width can never be less than minimum width.
e.g Minimum width from Preferences = 800px
TemplateToaster -> Page -> Width -> less than 50%
In this case page width in browser will be 800 as minimum width of page.
Also same conditions applied for Maximum Width option.On previewing in browser, page width can never be greater than maximum width selected from preference option.
by caf2z (220 points)
Actually, this doesn't answer my question.  Let me try again.  Standard media queries for Boostrap are below.  Which page width does this preference apply to? In other words, what should the setting be so that "medium devices" are displayed properly?:
/* Extra small devices (phones, less than 768px) */
/* No media query since this is the default in Bootstrap */

/* Small devices (tablets, 768px and up) */
@media (min-width: @screen-sm-min) { ... }

/* Medium devices (desktops, 992px and up) */
@media (min-width: @screen-md-min) { ... }

/* Large devices (large desktops, 1200px and up) */
@media (min-width: @screen-lg-min) { ... }
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us