in Joomla Templates by service24 (140 points)
Hello,

on my joomla template, I have under the footer a white space and can't remove it. Check on sticky footer isn't the solution.

Do you have any idea for this problem?

Thanks a lot :-)
related to an answer for: How to remove white space under footer

1 Answer

by iceferret (3.3k points)
I used to have the same problem, its to do with the debug position in the template. Before TT added this position I would add it myself and no white space showed. Once TT added the debug position I would get this whitespace if I had an active module in it.

My answer, in Joomla admin go to templates and select the file view. Open index.php and look for the following lines:(almost the last ones)

<?php if ($this->countModules('debug')){ ?>
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="debug" style="<?php if(($this->params->get('debug') == 'block') || ($this->params->get('debug') == Null)): echo "block"; else: echo "xhtml"; endif;?>"/>
<?php } ?>

Edit to read simply.

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="debug" style="/>

Not had to do this with the last version of TT
by service24 (140 points)
Hello iceferret,

thank you very much! I can't solve this problem on my template but I recreated it new. I recreated it in same way and get the same problem. I created a new textbox at the footer and then I drag it to the frame manually (I don't use buttons like vertical/horizontal center etc.). The problem seems to be dependent on a unknown constellation. If I don't drag it manually, I don't have a problem with a white space under footer.

Thank's a lot and kind reagards
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us