in General Discussion by gatorjack (640 points)
I noticed this feature in Artisteer and I think it's a very useful feature. It's the option of "None" for some settings. For example, under the alignment for headings (i.e. h1, h2, h3, etc) you could set it to None instead of left, center, right, or justify. I find it very useful because certain settings I can't stand setting. Examples are:

• Alignment of a table
  • Alignment of a heading
  • Border thickness/size

I don't like settings these in a CSS as I often change these depending on the content I'm working on. For one set of content on a page I may want table borders. Another page or set of content even on the same page I don't want borders at all. Headings I usually align center but sometimes I align it left. Tables are the same. Sometimes I want the table aligned left whereas other times I want it aligned center. When I write the HTML on the page I specify what I want. The issues comes about when the CSS has something different. CSS overrules what I have in the HTML.

What I end up having to do, such as I'm doing now, is delete that line in the CSS. If I make any changes to my template and upload a new CSS then I end up having to edit those lines again. It's a pain in the butt. A none option would save a lot of trouble. There's got to be other OCD webmasters out there. I can't be the only one.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us