in Joomla Templates by michaelkrauth (220 points)
edited by michaelkrauth

Hi, I'm trying to create a fluid template with 100% width but need to position some elements (header image, position of menu) to a smaller value (80%).

Please see the image for explanation what I mean :)

You can see, I need a full width element for the menu background, but the menu itself shuld start at 10% from left, as well as the logo.
My idea was to use a full width menu and padding, but padding only accepts px not percent.
Is there a solution?

Thanks,
Michael

1 Answer

by lisa-west (35.1k points)
Hi,

You can make your fluid  template, please follow given steps

1)  You need to set your page width 80%, go to TemplateToaster -> Page -> Layout -> Width -> 80%

2) Now you can select your menu width 100%, go to  TemplateToaster -> Menu -> Layout -> Width -> Custom Width -> 100%
by michaelkrauth (220 points)
edited by michaelkrauth
Thank you for your answer.

The page body has to be 100%, the menu background too, just the menu items should not exceed 80% and be aligned left. In other words, the menu entries have to start 10% from left.
Please have a look on my picture, you will see what I mean.

I can edit padding and margin, but the problem is that margin and padding only accept px. Same problem for the logo, which has to start 10% from the left.
When I use fixed values (px), the fluid layout will break, won't it?

I can align it with additional CSS, but it would be nice to set such essential parameters in TT.

Cheers, Michael
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us