in General Discussion by
Dear Team

I'm constantly visiting your site and website of artisteer.
You guys are doing a good job, softwares seems ok, but i've issues with interface, which doesn't look good. (though you have made it like windows 8 metro style)

You have to re-consider the Graphical User Interface, icons, menu fonts, textures look etc.
Other issue i want to highlight is :
your blog and changelog is not being updated.

Please keep them updated as it leaves a wrong impression of your support team, when someone new visits your site
for example

On Download Page : Version: 4.0.0.5460 Release Date: Oct 22, 2013
On Changelog Page : Version: 4.0.0.5435 Release Date:Oct 10, 2013
On Blog Page : TemplateToaster 3.1 is now available Posted on August 21, 2013

I am writing all these, because i really like to see TT as a best tool for all of us.
Currently i am testing the trial version, and i will purchase it when above problems are fixed.

Regards
Qaiser Ikram

20 Answers

by templatetoaster (24.8k points)
Thanks for your feedback and reporting the changelog issue, we'll take care of it in future.
by
Thanks for your reply, but as i mentioned earlier, i constantly keep visiting your site, but this has not been solved yet.

As of Today:

Download Page :
TemplateToaster
Version: 4.0.0.5477
Release Date: Oct 28, 2013

Blog Page :
TemplateToaster 4 is now available
Posted on October 23, 2013

Changelog Page :
Version: 4.0.0
Release Date:Oct 10, 2013

My main concern is to know, what is being changed in different versions, that are being released one after another, because if it is worth downloading then i will download, otherwise not.
It is very hard to test the software each single parameter to check what is changed in new update.

I hope you will not mind.
by
I tend to agree. :) I recently downloaded the latest builds without actually knowing what was improved / fixed. I did it anyway, because I suppose each release is more stable than the previous one. But I may have missed an interesting improvement, hidden somewhere in a sub-menu. Too bad, as it thus doesn't do justice to the hard work of the TT team! Having a more detailed changelog would be fantastic.

Thank you!
by templatetoaster (24.8k points)
Hi,

Thanks for your concern regarding the change log.

The frequent builds generally contain the minor bug fixing. When ever we add new features or a major bug is fixed which is affecting the major users, we add it to the change log.

Sincerely,
TemplateToaster Support
by
If those things (that you update) ore too minor to be updated on changelog etc, then why newer version is being released.
You release new version, because you know that you have done some hard work and it is worth for end users, so you made it available on download page.
By Hard Work, it is definitely clear that, either you fix bugs (whether they are related to internal behavior of the software or with the output of the code) or you add something new.

Not me, but almost everyone, downloads newer versions and at the same time everyone is curious, that what was actually in new release.

Lets suppose, if you update on changelog, that your newer version is now supporting Some New Lanuguage and nothing else is changed, then i might not download it, but user of that particular language will definitely download it. It will save bandwidth of many users too.

So it will be really nice to update changelog or release notes.
You can make it simple.
On forum, create a new thread for software release, so whenever you release new version just update their the release notes, there is no need to have a separate changelog, blog and download page (because i can see, you are facing team issues to update the site)
by
By posting the Issues Fixed users can first review the change log before posting here or creating a support ticket when you will simply say that was fixed download the latest.
by
I want to highlight Same Issue again.

Download Page says:
TemplateToaster
Version: 4.1.2.5681
Release Date: Dec 23, 2013

Changelog Page says:
Version: 4.1.1
Release Date:Dec 19, 2013

Blog Page says:
TemplateToaster 4 is now available
Posted on October 23, 2013

From October 23 to December 23, there are a lot of improvements but most of them are unknown because of lack of updation on relevant pages.

SUGGESTION:
In forum create a new thread for Software Release or Announcement and only update that thread everytime you release new one. In this way you have to update only one thread and there is no need to have three different pages/sections to show the updates.
by
Download Page says:
TemplateToaster
Version: 4.1.2.5681
Release Date: Dec 23, 2013

However, when you download the actual file... It's version 4.1.1.5675

My guess is there's a typo, as it probably should of been version 4.1.1.5681 - However, in addition the downloadable file was not replaced with the newer version...
by
They reverted back to previous version

TemplateToaster
Version: 4.1.1.5675
Release Date: Dec 19, 2013

Maybe there were some errors in new release, I've not downloaded new version, because it is really inconvenient to download every time a new version just to see what is changed and usually new changes are not visible apparently.

Sometime changes are in code, sometime in performance, sometime software improvement & stability and sometime bug fixes and sometime new features are added.

It will be extremely helpful when we have all releases information in single thread
by
The Issue is still there, you have updated Template Toaster and made it available for download since 27the Feb, 2014.
But no one is aware what you have updated and whether is it beneficial for all users to download update.

Download Page says:
TemplateToaster
Version: 4.2.0.5819
Release Date: Mar 15, 2014

Changelog Page says:
Version: 4.2.0
Release Date: February 27, 2014

From 27th Feb to 15th March, 2014 there are either 5819 changes/improvements/enhancements.
But as you don't provide information what you have implemented, it means you didn't updated anything and just version numbering.
But I know for sure, you are working and making it better and better day by day, you should have to provide such useful information for end users.
You work for months and it takes only few minutes to update changelog.
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us