in Issues/Bugs by keithadv (1.4k points)
I saw this in the change log for v3.1.0.5381:

- Header logo problem if logo height is greater than header height

I downloaded this version and tried to insert a large image into the header. I didn't see any different behavior than earlier versions of TT. What was changed?

2 Answers

by raruston (320 points)
I grabbed the latest version today, and saw some odd behavior. I loaded a foreground image which was immediately re-sized to be header sized, which expanded the image and made it look rough. I went back in and re-selected it, and eventually it came out the right, original size.

My two pennies - the way I would expect this to work is that if the image is too large, the default is that the header area acts as a window onto the overly large image. Ideally you could then manually 'move' the image such that the bit you wanted was visible, or resize to fit. If the image is smaller than the area, it gets imported at 100% and the user can choose how to manipulate it.

Not sure if that is the intended behavior of TT though.

R
by keithadv (1.4k points)
Well, it should be. :D

Currently, when you import an image, TT gives you handles on all four corners that let your increase/decrease vertical/horizontal size disproportionately (but almost proportionally if you fit the image precisely in the little guide box).

What they need is two more handles on either side at midpoint on the image, either one of which can let you increase/decrease size while constraining the image to the correct aspect ratio. And then, as you say, be able to enlarge that image beyond the boundaries of the header. In that way, you can either use the header to crop that image, or use z-index to have the entire image overlay the header.

Almost everything on my little test site has been solved except this one. See the second bullet.
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us