in Joomla Templates by nordfoto (120 points)
retagged by nordfoto
I can design a horizontal and a vertical menu. But often I need two horizontal menus, for example, a main menu in the head area and a menu for less important things like disclaimer and imprint in the footer. And sometimes it could be useful to have a third horizontal menu over the header.

I can create all the desired menus in Joomla with modules and their positions. But how can I design the menus different in TemplateToaster, for example, a main menu with buttons in the header area and and a second menu with simple text elements in the footer?

Does anybody know which is the best workaroun for this?

1 Answer

by
Have a look at

www.rsf.org.uk

Sounds like you are trying to do something similar. I did this by setting up the module positions with margins padding and backgrounds as I wanted then creating some custom Html modules in Joomla for these positions.

Each text menu item is linked to a menu item in a hidden menu for neatness, Seo etc.

Finally worked out some custom css with Firebug which I added to my TT template.

Not needed a third menu on any site yet but I expect it could be done using the same method as above or with the CK Menu extension which is good if a bit of a learning curve to get spot on.

Any help?
by nordfoto (120 points)
Okay, it seems not so easy as I hope...

Thank you for detailed answer!
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us