in Joomla Templates by luc-decauwer (500 points)
I just created my first template for Joomla in TemplateToaster, and I am really impressed. I have been using Artisteer in the past, and I don't think I will go back. ;)

I have one problem, though: I cannot find a way to dynamically include the actual site name in the header. Artisteer templates let you specify the site name and slogan in the header by parameters in the CMS, rather than having a fixed text in the template. Is this somehow possible in TemplateToaster too? If not, could it be added to the feature request list please?

This is really important to me, because I created a template that matches our corporate design rules. I want to use it for multiple sites, and I really would not like to create a specific template per site, only to be able to specify a different site name in the header.

1 Answer

by luc-decauwer (500 points)
OK, I found a workaround for this myself.

Enter the text "<?php echo $app->getCfg('sitename');?>" (without the quotes) in the header, where you would normally enter the site's title, and it will be dynamically replaced by the actual site's name as defined in the CMS. In the same way, you could use "<?php echo $app->getCfg('MetaDesc');?>" to retrieve the site's meta description, and use it for the slogan.
by luc (100 points)
Unfortunately, this does not work any more with TemplateToaster  6/Joomla 3.4.

Is there another way to accomplish this?
Interested in localizing/Translating TemplateToaster Software in your native language in exchange of a Pro License ? Contact Us